Thursday, July 9, 2009

Now how much would you pay?

One jar of cherry preserves; three boxes of tea; six small bottles of juice; two bottles of tonic water; four cans of Vienna sausages; two cans of deviled ham spread; two cans of chicken spread; and one bottle of laundry detergent. That's all I bought at Stop and Shop in Edgartown today (I forgot yogurt, which I had intended to pick up). All the groceries fit into my "green" canvas reusable shopping bag. How much did I pay?
  • A) $27.63
  • B) $41.41
  • C) $50.56
  • D) $73.49
  • E) My eternal soul


4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing $18 total for the juice; $12 for the tea; $4 for the tonic water; $6 for the detergent -- that's $40 right there. No idea what canned meat products sell for, but they must cost a couple bucks each, so I'm going to go with D).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of quick hints: One box of green tea cost $4.29 all by itself. And the detergent was $7.69 (it would have cost about $5.49 at D&W in Portage!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.....Are you going to keep up in suspense all weekend??? Of course my guess is E!!

    ReplyDelete